Your Acupuncture Appointment
If you’ve never had acupuncture before, it can be a bit daunting knowing what to expect with your first acupuncture treatment. If the fear of the unknown is stopping you from making an appointment, here’s an insight into what you can expect.
This is the email you receive from me after you’ve made your first appointment. It gives you all the information you need to find the clinic, what to wear, what to prepare, costs and also includes a questionnaire to fill in and return before your appointment.
You are welcome to call or email if you have any other questions about your treatment of course.
“Hi (insert your name here),
Thank you for making an acupuncture appointment with us!
I have attached a questionnaire for you to complete prior to your appointment. It is electronic so you can fill it in online and email it back to me.
Returning it 24 hours before your appointment would be ideal so I can be prepared when I see you. Or arrive 10 min earlier to fill it out prior to your appointment.
Also, here are just some tips to help you get the most out of your first acupuncture treatment.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment to finish filling out your form, make a last bathroom visit or just to get familiar with the parking and the clinic
- Wear loose fitting clothing where possible, you may be asked to remove shirts, pants/dresses/skirts and socks depending on the points needed to needle
- Eat a nutritious meal within one hour before your appointment – you may experience dizziness or lightheadedness following treatment if you are hungry
- Avoid eating a big meal immediately before treatment
- Avoid scheduling strenuous exercise after your appointment – this may reduce the effects of acupuncture
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before your treatment – these can mask signs and symptoms which may be important in your diagnosis and treatment
- Think about your previous medical history – this includes family history, previous medical complaints, complications with pregnancy or birth, serious injury, long term illness and surgeries as well as medications and supplements you are currently taking
Our address is Shop 12, 9 Nesbit Street, Southport. Inside the ‘Fifth Avenue Lifestyle’ complex. You’ll see a coffee shop at the front of the complex. Come upstairs and look for number 12. There is ample free parking available in the complex or on the street.
The cost of your initial consultation will be $140. Follow up sessions will then be $90 each. We do have a HiCAPS facility so please let us know if you have private health with extras or if you are eligible for any concessions. Please leave 90 mins available for your first appointment and follow up sessions will be up to 60 min each.
And of course, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Look forward to meeting you soon :)”