New Treatment: Fertility Flow Session
Introducing a new treatment at Paige Waters Acupuncture. Optimal health really is about good blood flow. Fertility, improved egg health, improved sperm health, improved libido, improved immunity has all been shown with improved blood flow. I’ve put together some information for you below. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Normatec Compression Boots use dynamic air compression to increase blood flow to specific areas of the body to enhance muscle recovery, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, optimise health and well-being and improve muscle performance.
The boots have 5 zones, which increase in pressure from your toes to your hips repeatedly over a 30-45 min period. There are 7 pressure settings. I recommend starting at 4 and increasing if it feels comfortable.
What they do:
- Boost circulation
- Help with lymphatic drainage
- Massage muscles
- Warm muscles and improve their function – which includes moving blood up into the pelvis
How blood flow improves health and fertility:
- Can increase medication delivery to ovaries during an IVF cycle
- Increase endometrial lining thickness
- Support immune system function to improve uterine environment for embryo implantation
- Improves the delivery of nutrients to ovaries to improve egg health
- Increase nutrients to sperm to improve sperm health
- Increase libido for males and females
What to wear
Long tights and light socks with a loose fitting shirt would be ideal. The compression boots will leave temporary skin indentations, made less with the tights. It also makes it easier to manage the control of hygiene with the boots.
Fertility Flow sessions can go along with your acupuncture sessions or just on their own. 2-3 sessions per week in your follicular phase (period to ovulation) or the stimulated part of your IVF cycle is recommended. I wouldn’t advise using them after ovulation if you think you may be pregnant. We just don’t have enough information to know if it’s safe.
The cost per session is $30. This will include the session, a Bounce protein ball and a Franjos hydration powder drink.
Please leave 60 min for your session which includes setting up, 45 min treatment session and packing down.
Please advise us prior to your session if you have previously experienced or currently experiencing these conditions
- Current or unstable fractures/breaks
- Recent surgery and have sutures/stitches
- Open wounds, contusions, abrasions
- Suspect or known Acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) (blood clot)
- Severe atherosclerosis (disease of the arteries)/Ischemic vascular disease (IVD)
- Severe congestive cardiac failure (CHF)
- Existing pulmonary edema (having excess fluid in the lungs)
- Existing pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs)
- Extreme deformity of the limbs
- Any local skin conditions such as gangrene, untreated or infected wounds, recent skin graft, or dermatitis
- Known presence of malignancy in the legs or arms
- Limb infections, including cellulitis that have not been treated
- Presence of Lymphangiosarcoma (a rare cancer due to long-standing lymphedema of the upper/lower extremities)
You will have the option to use noise cancelling headphones to listen to a body scan, guided fertility mindfulness or just some music. Being still and not using the time to worry, think or make plans will help with optimal blood flow.
Please remember to turn your phone on silent/flight mode/do not disturb. Please don’t answer or make calls in the room as a courtesy to other treatments occuring at the same time.